|Expanding AQS (Asia Quality Symposium) and toward establishing ANQ (Asian Network for Quality)
|On November 9th, 2001, in AQS Steering Committee held in Daedeok, Korea, representatives from three AQS member bodies, Korean Society for Quality Management (KSQM), Chinese Society for Quality (Chinese Taipei) (CSQ (Chinese Taipei)) and Japanese Society for Quality Control (JSQC) exchanged views with each other on the possible future collaboration in the field of quality.
They recognized the significant role of AQS (Asia Quality Symposium), which had been held by three organizations, KSQM, CSQ (Chinese Taipei) and JSQC in turn, and realized the need for more intensive exchange of views on the quality in Asia and for closer collaborative relationship.
And then, they agreed to expand participating organizations to other Asian quality organizations including China Association for Quality (CAQ), and to make the best efforts for establishing an Asian quality organization like European Organization for Quality (EOQ) in Europe or American Society for Quality (ASQ) in America.
On July 27, 2002, in Tokyo, a tentative AQS Steering Committee meeting was held and, during which CAQ was approved to join AQS Steering Committee.
Following the tentative AQS Steering Committee meeting, representatives from seven organizations, CAQ, CSQ (Chinese Taipei), Hong Kong Society for Quality (HKSQ), Indian Society for Quality (ISQ), JSQC, KSQM, The Standards and Quality Association of Thailand (SQAT) assembled and discussed to form an Asian quality organization.
Representatives from seven organizations have agreed:
- that they realize the need for more intensive exchange of views on the quality in Asia and for closer collaborative relationship for mutual learning;
- that they establish a new organization to be named as Asian Network for Quality (ANQ)
for those purposes mentioned above;
- that AQS will be an important activity to be performed by ANQ;
- that they will welcome any non-profit organization contributing to the growth of science and industry through promotional activities for development of philosophy, theory, methodology and applications in the field of quality and quality management through contributing to the quality of human life in Asia to join ANQ;
- that they welcome the expansion of participating organizations to the 16th AQS 2002,
Tokyo to be held on November 15 - 16;
- that they establish a web site: http://www.ANforQ.net, administered by JSQC;
- that they will prepare an agenda and tentative operations for a preparatory committee for ANQ using the new web site;
- that they nominate JSQC as a tentative secretariat for ANQ; and that they will have a meeting of a preparatory committee for ANQ during the 16th AQS 2002, Tokyo.
They also agree to prepare “Tokyo Appeal 2002” for establishing Asian Network for Quality herewith attached. Please click on to view the file.
Point of contact:
c/o JSQC Secretariat
JUSE (Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers)
1-2-1 Higashi K1-2-1 Ko-enji Minami, Suginami-ku, 166-0003 Tokyo, Japan
E-mail: Secretariat@ANforQ.net....... URL: http://www.ANforQ.net
Phone: +81-3:5378-1506 ..................Fax: +81-3:5378-1507